Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Korean Fest 2012& Del Seoul

So it's that time of year again... cramming summer homework ):


I tried Del Seoul the other day with Anita, Precilla, and Cindy! Del Seoul is basically a mash up of Korean and Mexican food, therefore Del Seoul.. haha get it? I was expecting it to be a restaurant but actually its like a Pompei; you order the food and take a number, then someone brings you your food. I thought it was soo good! Except the tortillas.. those weren't soft enough. But the Kimchi fries were heaven. Think of chili cheese fries, but with kimchi!
The Kalbi tacos!



Kimchi fries<3

Precilla ! 

The Kalbi again.

^^ Was a few weeks ago, but it felt like yesterday!

This weekend, I went to K-Fest 2012! It's a two day event in Korean Town Chicago and I have to say I was really disappointed. I was expecting a really cute little festival but there was not that much at all! It stretched down maybe two or three streets with booths on both sides of the street. However, on one side it was basically seating area. Then a whole lot of the tents were just for advertising ie. insurance, korean american association, etc. It would have been a lot more fun if I went with a larger group or if there was a bunch of touristy knick knacks to buy ): ! I'm a total sucker for those. I suppose it was nice to go just for the experience but I'm not sure if it was worth the one and a half hour train ride.

But we did run into Tracey and Lina! yay!

One of the two? booths selling korean bbq


Steven, Lanny, and I ate on the floor. It was pretty depressing but its okay! We had a decent time, especially cause I haven't seen Steven since what..? Last summer? Now we're seniors and exactly around this time next year, we're all going to be leaving):

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment